Southbroom Golf Club
Southbroom Golf Club boasts one of the most popular golf courses on the lower South Coast of KwaZulu-Natal. As an integral part of the Southbroom village, the course is a rare South African layout and if it wasn’t for all the palm trees and tropical foliage, you’d think you were in Britain or Ireland.
Only a stone’s throw from the Indian Ocean, Southbroom Golf Club affords golfers impressive views of pristine beaches and the sea; the tranquility of playing alongside the lush indigenous vegetation of the Frederika Nature Reserve; and an opportunity to feel the pride of the Southbroom village as the course meanders past elegant coastal residences.
Each of the 18-holes has its own unique feature and ability to test the skill of even the most accomplished golfer.
- Travel south from Durban along the N2 (which later becomes the R61). There is one toll plaza en-route at Port Shepstone. The village of Southbroom is at the end of the toll road, 7 kilometers after the Margate/Ramsgate off-ramp, and is served by two entrances, north and south.
- At the Southbroom north entrance traffic lights, turn left into Southbroom Avenue and follow the signs to the clubhouse.
- The Southbroom south entrance is convenient to those traveling up from the Eastern Cape. Turn right and keep right into Outlook Road, then turn left into Captain Smith’s Road. The fairways will lead you to the clubhouse and parking area, past the pro shop on your left. Both routes have directional signage to the Club and any number of friendly locals that will help you along the way should the need arise!
- R220.00 per cart. Carts are not compulsory.
- R140.00 per caddie. Caddies are not compulsory.
HOLLOW – TINING